Sunday, November 11, 2007

SUNDAY THOUGHT

The book that is suggesged for reading all over the State of Arkansas is by an Arkansas writer named Kevin Broekmeier, and is named THE BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DEAD. I haven't read it, as this is the first I've heard about it. I do think it's a great idea, however, to have books suggested for all in the State to read. Another book that I did read recently is by a women who teaches at the U. of A. in Fayetteville. Her namer is MOHJA KAHF, and the book is THE GIRL IN THE TANGERINE SCARF. It's about a Muslim girl growing up in a closely knit family in a Muslim conclave in the State of Indiana in the 1970s. The girl is trying to decide what she believes, and to me, although WHAT she is trying to work out in her mind is different from what I tried to work out in my mind as I was growing up, HOW she thought about it was quite similar. I think many of you would like it.

I still don't have pictures, and still hope to learn how soon!!! Have some fun today, Marian

No comments: