Saturday, November 17, 2007

AN ADDENDUM----

To my Nashville friend--thanks for your comment! You're the first outside family to comment, and you can't imagine (unless you've had one) how exciting it is.Thanks. You gave joy today.

I really meant to add to my political statement in yesterday's blog that for a long time I have thought and said that I believe there will be some activity, storm, happening, just some big thing that will throw everything about the election into a tizzy---change everything. I don't have any idea what it might be, and I hope that it isn't bombing Iran, but something. Mark my words. I hope I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll be thankful, but------ have some joy today. Marian

(I don't have to mention this as you already know it---I can't spell, and there's no spell check on these blog blanks that I've been able to find, so please exceuse me---)

1 comment:

Marilyn Faulkner said...

I agree with you about the upcoming election for many reasons--not just external events beyond our control, but indeed those things (people) which control elections (paper trails, caging voters, and the infamous butterfly ballots to name but a few). We have ample evidence our past elections have not been reflective of our citizens' votes--and even when we seem to get people in we do want (2006), the results in Congress are less than what we have hoped.
Does anyone see a solution here? What will it take? I feel I'm fairly conversant with the concerns--does anyone have some solutions to offer? (Are you familiar with Granny D?--she made quite a splash getting people registered to vote. How many Granny D's will we need?)