Monday, November 5, 2007

Random Thoughts

Al Gore in his book,THE ASSAULT ON REASON, suggested that a person might have more of a dialog with the "powers-that -be" by using the BLOG. So I'm responding. The last election showed, I thought, overwhelmingly, that we, the people, wanted our troops out of Iraq. But they are not yet home. By trying to put my thoughts on the airwaves, I hope I've set an example for millions of others to do the same and also follow his advice. Perhaps we can get our opinions heard. That's my main reason for this Blog.

Now, sometimes, however, I'll just react to the morning news, or share some other ideas and thoughts. That's what I shall do today as I find that actually beginning this BLOG is intimadating---so: (1) Bob put his wrist watch on the sill of an open window last night to get it reset after the change in time. It worked. This morning the watch was correctly set an hour behind.. He said that if the watch is within a certain range of Denver, CO, the change is made. Does anyone understand this? (2) I am really sorry that Ethanol as a substitue for gasoline is not working out. (3) I'm not really excited about seeing King Tut's face, but I suppose some people are. Have fun today. Marian

3 comments:

Bob said...

I'm proud to be your partner.
Blog away!

Annie said...

I'm mystified by the watch thing... will stay tuned to see if there is an explanation from one of your commentors along the way.

My screenprinting students are on assignment #3, which is an assignment to pick a social or political issue and creat a poster clearly stating one's point of view about it. One of my students plans to work with the topic of lack of enough funding for music and art education in public schools. How about that!

Unknown said...

Wow! Way to go!

seifert.colorado@gmail.com
(in Colorado)